- Made in the USA from only the finest sustainably harvested hardwoods.
- Precise detail woodworking using unique wood grains to make each bookmark a one of a kind.
- High quality laser engraving of the Taurus astrological zodiac sign from 16th century medieval woodcut art. The bookmark also includes some of the positive personality traits associated with people born between April 19 - May 20. These dates vary by a day or two depending on leap year and who you ask.
- Hand selected woods for a beautiful look and feel. Natural grain cherry, complimented along both sides by a variety of inlaid solid wood accents.
- The perfect gift for readers, scholars, students and teachers.
- Can be personalized
The laser engraving includes images of the Taurus symbol and artwork with date range and positive personality characteristics. Taurus is the second astrological sign in the Zodiac and is said to be ruled by the planet Venus. The constellation of Taurus is a group of stars named Hyades situated in the northern sky. The sacred bull of the Egyptians, Apis, is one of its many forms. Taurus means bull in Latin.
There’s nothing quite like holding a book in your hands and turning the pages. Whether it’s a cookbook, a map, an old classic novel, a new favorite mystery, or an instruction manual, we want you to enjoy what you’re reading. Our unique bookmarks are made to create a more intimate, personalized reading experience. We hope our creative selection inspires a continued love for the printed word.
Craftsmanship and Stewardship Make the Difference
Nestled in a hundred-acre forest of lush, green ferns and towering fir and cedar trees, Mitercraft is a company truly inspired by its surroundings. Using only hand-selected, sustainably harvested wood, we celebrate its natural beauty by hand-making products that allow the glory to be showcased. Our passion leads us to design unique bookmarks, cribbage boards, coasters, rulers, greeting cards and more with pride that only comes from a handcrafted process.
We’re excited to be a part of the resurgence of makers and old-world craftsmanship. We’ve been handcrafting our bookmarks with the same multi-step work process since 1991. Technology may come and go, and it certainly helps enhance our products, but there is no substitute for good, old-fashioned woodworking that produces heirloom quality products. Our complex production steps include precision cutting, laminating, shaping, sanding, polishing, finishing, laser engraving, drilling and tasseling.
Our love and respect for the environment and the extraordinary surroundings in which we live guides our workplace practices. We take care to recycle left over pieces into other products, making each a unique work of art. When a piece is ready to be shipped we hand prepare it, sealing it in a clear, protective sleeve with artist information. What arrives at your doorstep is a creative, handmade, thoughtfully crafted product from start to finish.
The back side of the bookmark is blank to show the beautiful wood grain. A brown rope tassel is added as a finishing touch, and to help keep your book page well marked. This is perfect bookmark for all readers!