- Handmade in the USA from only the finest sustainably harvested woods.
- Precisely detailed woodworking using unique wood grain makes each bookmark one of a kind.
- High quality laser engraving of the Taurus astrological zodiac sign from 16th century medieval woodcut art. The bookmark also includes some of the positive personality traits associated with people born between April 19 - May 20. These dates vary by a day or two depending on leap year and who you ask.
- Hand selected hardwoods are chosen for a naturally beautiful look and feel. Complimentary toned wood variations are used along both sides to accent the design and fine craftsmanship.
- The perfect gift for readers, scholars, students, and teachers. Easily fits inside a card or book.
- Can be personalized
The laser engraving includes images of the Taurus symbol and artwork with date range and positive personality characteristics. Taurus is the second astrological sign in the Zodiac and is said to be ruled by the planet Venus. The constellation of Taurus is a group of stars named Hyades situated in the northern sky. The sacred bull of the Egyptians, Apis, is one of its many forms. Taurus means bull in Latin.
There’s nothing quite like holding a book in your hands and turning the pages. Whether it’s a cookbook, a map, an old classic novel, a new favorite mystery, or an instruction manual, we want you to enjoy what you’re reading. Our unique bookmarks are made to create a more intimate, personalized reading experience. We hope our creative selection inspires a continued love for the printed word.
Craftsmanship and Stewardship Make the Difference
Nestled in a hundred-acre forest of lush, green ferns and towering fir and cedar trees, Mitercraft is a company truly inspired by its surroundings. Using only hand-selected, sustainably harvested wood, we celebrate its natural beauty by hand-making products that allow the glory to be showcased. Our passion leads us to design unique bookmarks with pride that only comes from a handcrafted process.
We’re excited to be a part of the resurgence of makers and old-world craftsmanship. We’ve been handcrafting our bookmarks with the same multi-step work process since 1991. Technology may come and go, and it certainly helps enhance our products, but there is no substitute for good, old-fashioned woodworking that produces heirloom quality products. Our complex production steps include precision cutting, laminating, shaping, sanding, polishing, finishing, laser engraving, drilling, and tasseling.
Our love and respect for the environment and the extraordinary surroundings in which we live guides our workplace practices. We take care to recycle leftover pieces into other products, making each a unique work of art. When a piece is ready to be shipped we hand prepare it, sealing it in a clear, protective sleeve with artist information. What arrives at your doorstep is a creative, handmade, thoughtfully crafted product from start to finish.
The back side of the bookmark is blank to show the beautiful wood grain. A brown rope tassel is added as a finishing touch, and to help keep your book page well marked. This is the perfect bookmark for all readers!