- A Top Quality Bookmark: Made by Hand in the United States by experienced woodworkers. Our quality is in the details. We have spent more than 20 years perfecting our own 25 step process to make our wooden bookmakers. We are strict and meticulous from start to finish. From designing the art, building the unique inlay strips, rounding and smoothing the corners, each wood bookmark is made to look and feel beautiful.
- Gifting and Personalizing: Gifting is made easy with our numerous designs to choose from. Whether you're shopping for a cheerful, meaningful, whimsical or inspirational design or quote, we are happy to offer a special bookmark for every reader, especially that hard to shop for woman, man, child, grandparent or coworker who already has everything. Plus we've made it easy to make your thoughtful gift even more personal with our customized bookmark option.
- The Perfect Thickness: Years of woodworking knowledge along with listening to our customers has led us to make our bookmarks the perfect thickness. Booklovers can use and enjoy their bookmarks without ever harming their favorite books.
- Well Packaged: Each Mitercraft wooden bookmark comes with information on how and where it was made adding to the USA handmade value and quality. The bookmarker and information card are both well packaged in a protective sleeve and sturdy box. We ship our bookmarks in a durable box that can be gift wrapped or reused for mailing.
- A small piece of affordable art handmade with pride in the USA is what you get when ordering one of our classy wooden bookmarks. When purchasing a Mitercraft bookmark you are getting an exquisitely crafted wood product made and shipped with care from the United States.
Each of our wooden bookmarks is handcrafted from carefully selected, environmentally responsible wood that only comes from well managed forests. This engraved John F. Kennedy quote is centered on the solid cherry hardwood middle, framed along both sides by two inlays comprised of various domestic and exotic hardwoods, plus we add one more solid accent wood along each edge to tie it all together. These inlay accent and border wood combinations will vary with each bookmark. A brown rope tassel adds the finishing touch to the tone and design, plus it helps keep your book's pages well marked. The exceptional wood grain we select adds a great deal to the natural beauty of each bookmark and will truly make yours a one-of-a-kind. Take a moment to explore our wide variety of collectible bookmarks.
Quote reads: "Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - John F. Kennedy
There’s nothing quite like holding a book in your hands and turning the pages. Whether it’s a cookbook, a map, an old classic novel, a new favorite mystery, or an instruction manual, we want you to enjoy what you’re reading. Our unique bookmarks are made to create a more intimate, personalized reading experience. We hope our creative selection inspires a continued love for the printed word.
Craftsmanship and Stewardship Make the Difference
Nestled in a hundred-acre forest of lush, green ferns and towering fir and cedar trees, Mitercraft is a company truly inspired by its surroundings. Using only hand-selected, sustainably harvested wood, we celebrate its natural beauty by hand-making products that allow the glory to be showcased. Our passion leads us to design unique bookmarks with pride that only comes from a handcrafted process.
We’re excited to be a part of the resurgence of makers and old-world craftsmanship. We’ve been handcrafting our bookmarks with the same multi-step work process since 1991. Technology may come and go, and it certainly helps enhance our products, but there is no substitute for good, old-fashioned woodworking that produces heirloom quality products. Our complex production steps include precision cutting, laminating, shaping, sanding, polishing, finishing, laser engraving, drilling, and tasseling.
Our love and respect for the environment and the extraordinary surroundings in which we live guides our workplace practices. We take care to recycle left over pieces into other products, making each a unique work of art. When a piece is ready to be shipped we hand prepare it, sealing it in a clear, protective sleeve with artist information. What arrives at your doorstep is a creative, handmade, thoughtfully crafted product from start to finish.