- Made in USA from sustainably harvested woods, using only the finest hardwoods
- Precise detail woodworking using unique wood grains to make each bookmark a one of a kind.
- High quality laser engraving of the Capricorn astrological zodiac sign from 16th century medieval woodcut art. The bookmark also includes some of the positive personality traits associated with people born between December 21 - January 19. These dates vary by a day or two depending on leap year and other factors.
- Hand selected woods for a beautiful look and feel. Natural grain cherry, complimented along both sides by a unique variety of solid inlaid wood accents. Each bookmark will be a little different.
- The perfect gift for readers, scholars, students and teachers.
- Can be personalized
The laser engraving includes images of the Capricorn symbol and artwork with date range and positive personality characteristics. Capricorn is the tenth astrological sign in the Zodiac. Capricorn is said to be ruled by the planet Saturn.
There’s nothing quite like holding a book in your hands and turning the pages. Whether it’s a cookbook, a map, an old classic novel, a new favorite mystery, or an instruction manual, we want you to enjoy what you’re reading. Our unique bookmarks are made to create a more intimate, personalized reading experience. We hope our creative selection inspires a continued love for the printed word.
Craftsmanship and Stewardship Make the Difference
Nestled in a hundred-acre forest of lush, green ferns and towering fir and cedar trees, Mitercraft is a company truly inspired by its surroundings. Using only hand-selected, sustainably harvested wood, we celebrate its natural beauty by hand-making products that allow the glory to be showcased. Our passion leads us to design unique bookmarks, cribbage boards, coasters, rulers, greeting cards and more with pride that only comes from a handcrafted process.
We’re excited to be a part of the resurgence of makers and old-world craftsmanship. We’ve been handcrafting our bookmarks with the same multi-step work process since 1991. Technology may come and go, and it certainly helps enhance our products, but there is no substitute for good, old-fashioned woodworking that produces heirloom quality products. Our complex production steps include precision cutting, laminating, shaping, sanding, polishing, finishing, laser engraving, drilling and tasseling.
Our love and respect for the environment and the extraordinary surroundings in which we live guides our workplace practices. We take care to recycle left over pieces into other products, making each a unique work of art. When a piece is ready to be shipped we hand prepare it, sealing it in a clear, protective sleeve with artist information. What arrives at your doorstep is a creative, handmade, thoughtfully crafted product from start to finish.