- A Top Quality Bookmark: Made by Hand in the United States by experienced woodworkers. Our quality is in the details. We have spent more than 20 years perfecting our own 25 step process to make our wooden bookmakers. We are strict and meticulous from start to finish. From designing the art, building the unique inlay strips, rounding and smoothing the corners, each wood bookmark is made to look and feel beautiful.
- Gifting and Personalizing: Gifting is made easy with our numerous designs to choose from. Whether you're shopping for a cheerful, meaningful, whimsical or inspirational design or quote, we are happy to offer a special bookmark for every reader, especially that hard to shop for woman, man, child, grandparent or coworker who already has everything. Plus we've made it easy to make your thoughtful gift even more personal with our customized bookmark option.
- The Perfect Thickness: Years of woodworking knowledge along with listening to our customers has led us to make our bookmarks the perfect thickness. Booklovers can use and enjoy their bookmarks without ever harming their favorite books.
- Well Packaged: Each Mitercraft wooden bookmark comes with information on how and where it was made adding to the USA handmade value and quality. The bookmarker and information card are both well packaged in a protective sleeve and sturdy box. We ship our bookmarks in a durable box that can be gift wrapped or reused for mailing.
- A small piece of affordable art handmade with pride in the USA is what you get when ordering one of our classy wooden bookmarks. When purchasing a Mitercraft bookmark you are getting an exquisitely crafted wood product made and shipped with care from the United States.
Handmade from the finest high grade hand-selected sustainably harvested hardwoods. This distinctive bookmark features beautiful natural grain cherry in the center, bordered along both sides by intricately accented inlays made from a variety of hardwood combinations including; walnut, maple, rosewood, and other eco-friendly domestic and exotic natural woods. The complimenting inlay and border woods will vary from one bookmark to the next.
All of our wood bookmarks are 100% handmade in Washington state using our own 25 step handcrafted woodworking process that produces heirloom quality results without waste. We have great respect and stewardship for the trees we use, taking care to recycle any leftover pieces into the next product, adding even more organic value to our small pieces of art. Our complex production steps include precision cutting, laminating, shaping, sanding, polishing, finishing, laser engraving, drilling, and tasseling. Then finally inserting each one into a sealed clear protective sleeve with an artist information card that explains a little about our high quality and unique designs that are all made in the USA.
The laser engraving is a detailed laser engraving of Abraham Lincoln’s face, name, and signature on one side of the bookmark, the backside remains blank to show the un-stained naturally beautiful raw wood grain. The dominant center cherry wood grain adds nicely to this presidential portrait. As a finishing touch, we add a color coordinated brown tassel. This is a classy and distinguishing bookmark suited for many occasions where a gift is required. From a wedding gift to a favorite teacher, co-workers, graduations, and students or paired with a book, in a greeting card as a thank you or as a birthday present.