- A Top Quality Bookmark: Made by Hand in the United States by experienced woodworkers. Our quality is in the details. We have spent more than 20 years perfecting our own 25-step process to make our wooden bookmarkers. We are strict and meticulous from start to finish. From designing the art, rounding and smoothing the corners, each wood bookmark is made to look and feel beautiful.
- Gifting and Personalizing: Gifting is made easy with our numerous designs to choose from. Whether you're shopping for a cheerful, meaningful, whimsical or inspirational design or quote, we are happy to offer a special bookmark for every reader, especially that hard to shop for woman, man, child, grandparent or coworker who already has everything. Plus we've made it easy to make your thoughtful gift even more personal with our customized bookmark option.
- The Perfect Thickness: Years of woodworking knowledge along with listening to our customers has led us to make our bookmarks the perfect thickness. Booklovers can use and enjoy their bookmarks without ever harming their favorite books.
- Well Packaged: Each Mitercraft wooden bookmark comes with information on how and where it was made adding to the USA handmade value and quality. The bookmarker and information card are both well packaged in a protective sleeve and sturdy box. We ship our bookmarks in a durable box that can be gift wrapped or reused for mailing.
- A small piece of affordable art handmade with pride in the USA is what you get when ordering one of our classy wooden bookmarks. When purchasing a Mitercraft bookmark you are getting an exquisitely crafted wood product made and shipped with care from the United States.
Handmade from the finest high grade hand-selected sustainable hardwoods. This American made bookmark features beautiful natural grain bubinga. The laser engraving is on one side the backside is blank showing only the natural wood grain. A black rope tassel is added to the bookmark as a finishing touch, and to help keep your book page well marked.
Mitercraft Wood Bookmarks Hand Made in America - Functional Art for Your Favorite Books - Yin & Yang Symbol
Each of our wooden bookmarks is handcrafted from carefully selected, environmentally responsible wood that only comes from well managed forests. In Chinese philosophy, yin and yang describes how seemingly opposite or contrary forces may actually be complementary, interconnected, and interdependent in the natural world, and how they may give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another. The solid bubinga (also known as rosewood) is a deeply rich and figured wood. A black rope tassel adds the finishing touch to the tone and design, plus it helps keep your book's pages well marked. The exceptional wood grain we select adds a great deal to the natural beauty of each bookmark and will truly make yours a one-of-a-kind. Take a moment to explore our wide variety of collectible bookmarks.
Craftsmanship and Stewardship Make the Difference
Nestled in a hundred-acre forest of lush, green ferns and towering fir and cedar trees, Mitercraft is a company truly inspired by its surroundings. Using only hand-selected, sustainably harvested wood, we celebrate its natural beauty by hand-making products that allow the glory to be showcased. Our passion leads us to design unique bookmarks with pride that only comes from a handcrafted process.
We’re excited to be a part of the resurgence of makers and old-world craftsmanship. We’ve been handcrafting our bookmarks with the same multi-step work process since 1991. Technology may come and go, and it certainly helps enhance our products, but there is no substitute for good, old-fashioned woodworking that produces heirloom quality products. Our complex production steps include precision cutting, laminating, shaping, sanding, polishing, finishing, laser engraving, drilling, and tasseling.
Our love and respect for the environment and the extraordinary surroundings in which we live guides our workplace practices. We take care to recycle leftover pieces into other products, making each a unique work of art. When a piece is ready to be shipped we hand prepare it, sealing it in a clear, protective sleeve with artist information. What arrives at your doorstep is a creative, handmade, thoughtfully crafted product from start to finish.
"I've bought a dozen or so bookmarks in the past four or five years and I love them all!"