- A Quality Bookmark: Made by Hand in the United States by experienced woodworking craftsmen. Our quality is in the details. We are meticulous in all 25 steps we take when making our wooden bookmarkers. From designing the art, building the unique inlay strips, routering, rounding and smoothing the corners, each wood bookmark is made to look and feel beautiful. All of our woods are their natural color and sourced from sustainable and managed forest.
- Gifting and Personalizing: Gifting is made easy with our numerous designs to choose from. When shopping for a cheerful, meaningful bookmark or an inspirational design or quote there is a special bookmark for everyone. Make your thoughtful gift even more personal with our customized bookmark option.
- The Perfect Thickness: Years of woodworking knowledge along with listening to our customers has led us to make the perfect thickness in a bookmark. Booklovers can use and enjoy their bookmarks without harm to their books.
- Well Packaged: Each Mitercraft wooden bookmark comes with information on how and where it was made adding to the USA handmade value and quality. The bookmarker and information card are both well packaged in a protective sleeve and sturdy box. The sturdy box the bookmark comes in can be gift wrapped or reused for mailing.
- A small piece of affordable art handmade with pride in the USA is what you get when ordering one of our classy wooden bookmarks. When purchasing a Mitercraft bookmark you are getting an exquisitely crafted wood product made and shipped with care from the United States.
Handmade from the finest high grade hand-selected sustainable hardwoods. This bookmark features beautiful natural grain cherry in the center, bordered along both sides by intricately accented inlays made from a variety of wood combinations. The laser engraving is a Celtic knot design on one side. A gold rope tassel is added as a finishing touch, and to help keep your book page well marked. This is the perfect bookmark for all readers!
There’s nothing quite like holding a book in your hands and turning the pages. Whether it’s a cookbook, a map, an old classic novel, a new favorite mystery, or an instruction manual, we want you to enjoy what you’re reading. Our unique bookmarks are made to create a more intimate, personalized reading experience. We hope our creative selection inspires a continued love for the printed word.
Craftsmanship and Stewardship Make the Difference
Nestled in a hundred-acre forest of lush, green ferns and towering fir and cedar trees, Mitercraft is a company truly inspired by its surroundings. Using only hand-selected, sustainably harvested wood, we celebrate its natural beauty by hand-making products that allow the glory to be showcased. Our passion leads us to design unique bookmarks with pride that only comes from a handcrafted process.
We’re excited to be a part of the resurgence of makers and old-world craftsmanship. We’ve been handcrafting our bookmarks with the same multi-step work process since 1991. Technology may come and go, and it certainly helps enhance our products, but there is no substitute for good, old-fashioned woodworking that produces heirloom quality products. Our complex production steps include precision cutting, laminating, shaping, sanding, polishing, finishing, laser engraving, drilling, and tasseling.
Our love and respect for the environment and the extraordinary surroundings in which we live guides our workplace practices. We take care to recycle leftover pieces into other products, making each a unique work of art. When a piece is ready to be shipped we hand prepare it, sealing it in a clear, protective sleeve with artist information. What arrives at your doorstep is a creative, handmade, thoughtfully crafted product from start to finish.
"Remarkable. I just got my bookmark in the mail. It is amazing! I thought it was beautiful on-line, but it is remarkable in person. With the quality of wood, you just made a customer for life. I went on the website today already and found several other items I will be purchasing throughout this year for both gifts and personal items."